GREECE, NORTH MACEDONIA, ALBANIA, ITALY
Run through history in ancient Greece – Athens’s Acropolis! Take the chance to visit the Monastery of Meteora, UNESCO World Heritage site and the 2 countries of North Macedonia and Albania.
Grand finale in Bella Italia with extraordinary orienteering in the city of Matera (UNESCO site and European City of Culture 2019)
Entries for MOC Tour 2020 are open!!!
Ancient Greek Empire revives again for orienteers with MOC Tour 2020, running in some of the most iconic and spectacular locations in Greece, North Macedonia, Albania and Italy. Run through history in ancient Greece
– Arrivals to Athens, Greece. Transfers, accommodation in hotel.
– Overnight in Athens.
– Sprint race in the famous bohemian quarter Plaka, down by Acropolis.
– Overnight in Athens.
– Departure to Meteora, UNESCO World Heritage site, a rock formation hosting complexes of Eastern Orthodox Monasteries.
– Light lunch in hotel.
– Sprint race in Kalambaka (Meteora).
– Free time for dinner.
– Guided tour, visit to 3 main monasteries of Meteora and discover the natural beauty and the cultural heritage of this area.
– Departure to North Macedonia, Ohridsko lake.
– Accommodation in Struga and dinner in hotel.
– Middle distance forest race near Ohrid.
– Sightseeing in Ohrid old town with lunch break.
– Dinner in hotel with a music party and entertainment.
– Overnight in Struga.
– Departure to Albania, Tirana.
– Sightseeing in Tirana.
– Accommodation in the hotel.
– Middle distance park forest race in Tirana.
– Free time in Tirana, in the afternoon transfer to Dures.
– Free time from dinner in Dures.
– Night ferry from Dures to Italy/Policoro.
– Overnight on the ferry.
– Morning: Coffee/icecream break in Bari Old City with photo-Orienteering.
– Check-in in the hotel in Matera/Policoro.
-Evening: 1st stage MOC Championships Policoro Forest – forest (Middle distance – lamp recommended).
– Dinner in hotel.
– Morning: 2nd stage MOC Championships in Tursi – supersprint.
– Afternoon: 3rd stage MOC Championships in Francavilla in Sinni – supersprint.
– Music party and banquet dinner in hotel.
– 4th stage (WRE) MOC Championships in Matera – sprint
– In the afternoon, departure to Rome.
– Overnight in Rome near Fiumicino airport.
Special price for first 30 registrations is 999€!
After that, price for package is 1150€
LIMITED NUMBER OF ENTRIES! MAXIMUM 130 PLACES AVAILABLE.
More info on the bulletin: https://www.orienteering.it/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Bulletin1_MOCtour2020.pdf
Feel the history, try new tastes, discover more and follow the sun with us!
Stay with us and… follow the sun!